Teach our students to love languages!
We are looking for experienced teachers of English, German, French, Spanish, Czech and other languages for long-term cooperation. We teach face to face in Prague and online.
- Find out more about what SPĚVÁČEK offers to teachers.
- Fill in the application form.
- We will contact you as soon as possible.
Why teach with Spěváček
We value our teachers
We are reliable and keep our word. You will be paid well and on time.
A wide choice of courses
In-company, one-to-one, post-secondary or kids. Teach at various locations in Prague.
Create your schedule yourself
We respect your time availability. You decide how many classes you will teach and when.
What we offer
- Your work will be paid well and on time.
- Late cancellations are always paid.
- We offer long-term cooperation.
- Our head office is located in the centre of Prague (náměstí Míru).
- We have a well-equipped library with copy machines and printers.
- Two teachers’ rooms and a kitchenette with a lot of coffee and tea.
- Social events such as teachers’ parties and board game nights.
Professional development at Spěváček
- You are not alone. Our senior teachers and mentors are here to help.
- We teach teachers as well. You can attend Czech, German and English classes for free.
- Peer observations let you learn from more experienced colleagues.
- You have the opportunity to become a mentor, senior teacher or TEFL trainer.
We are looking for you if
- You are an experienced teacher.
- You have at least a C1 level in the language you teach.
- You love languages and can pass your enthusiasm on to your students.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working with people.
- Send us your CV.
- Arrange an interview.
- Discuss your expectations and our offer.
- Teach a demo lesson.
- We will contact you within a week and agree on next steps.
Preparing a successful demo lesson
- Read the instructions carefully and prepare the lesson in detail.
- Include various activities and at least two language skills.
- Use the communicative approach.
- Give a lot of space to the student.
- Don’t forget to correct mistakes.
First steps at SPĚVÁČEK
Get to know the school during orientation training.
Our course coordinators will help you organize your schedule.
Senior teachers offer methodological support.
Participate in methodology workshops and teacher training sessions.
Learn from more experienced teachers during peer observations.
Yes, we welcome university students.
Yes! Apart from classes at kindergartens and elementary schools, we teach group courses, conversation courses as well as 1:1 tuition for kids of all ages.
We will be offering new courses throughout the year. You are free to choose those that fit into your schedule.
Public and post-secondary courses take place at our classrooms. In-company courses are taught at the clients’ offices.
No, we only hire teachers for long-term cooperation. Continuity is essential for our students.
I want to become a SPĚVÁČEK teacher
What our teachers say about us?
I have worked with SPĚVÁČEK for eight years and during that time have been nothing but happy! They have a vast selection of teaching materials and a fantastic choice of clients and classes, from business and public courses to kindergarten and private tuition. The school also allows teachers to progress in their career by offering roles such as mentor positions, as well as running seminars to develop specific skills and aspects of teaching. The staff are courteous and supportive and have impeccable English skills which is great for teachers who have just moved to the Czech Republic. Teachers can also take advantage of the free Czech lessons available for beginners.
Neil, English teacher
Having been teaching aboard for over five years I had high expectations of Spevacek. Thus far Spevacek has met and exceeded my expectations. I was looking for a school that was well organized, with a well-developed flow of information, and a welcoming environment. The staff immediately filled my schedule, directed me to the correct places and always had a smile or a witty joke to share. The location of the main offices and the classrooms are so convenient that it hurts. There is a lovely area for teachers to share experiences, pass ideas and support each other and also the vast library. An entire wall of materials, and if there is something in particular they don’t have, they have always ordered it for me.
Ellen, English teacher